Welcome to Your Best Summer
Spend your summer with others growing in relationship with Jesus and building Christian leadership skills.
What Ministry Areas Can I Intern With?
- Support design team with various graphic, video, and photo projects.
- Take video and photos during events and weekend services.
- Dream into church projects with the design team in the preproduction phase.
- Attend design team meetings to grow in community and technical ability in your craft.
- Champion certain creative projects to learn project management, communication, and leadership skills.
- Develop content for social media.
- Execute social media campaigns.
- Organize data for our church management system.
- Data collection and cleaning.
- Meet and build relationships with volunteer group leaders.
- Help coordinate connect groups (online content and physical materials).
- Assist in hosting 4 weeks of the NEXT class.
- Aid in the summer beach baptism registration, organization, recruitment, and ministry
- Social media mangament.
- Chapel administration (marriage licenses and mentorship books).
- Chapel aesthetics and decor.
- Chapel appreciation event.
- Program lights/slides/audio needs for kids and student worship.
- Assist in programming for the adult services.
- Capture and edit video footage from the summer.
- Recruit volunteers for production team and assist in training.
- Serve on production team.
- Harborside first impressions and guest services.
- Welcoming and connecting new people to Harborside culture.
- Atmosphere seasonal decorating.
- Volunteer appreciation and management.
- Lead student connect groups.
- Help plan student services.
- Meet and build relationships with students, parents, and volunteers.
- Co-lead Middle School camp.
- Arrange rooms for ministry needs
- Basic maintenance of church property (physical labor, ability to lift 50+ pounds).
- Participate in or lead a connect group.
- Build and lead a student worship team.
- Assist in kids worship.
- Set up and tear down for summer family worship nights.
- Lead worship/play with the adult worship team on Sunday mornings when scheduled.
HavenHouse Eatery & Coffee
- Meet and build relationships with people in our community.
- Learn the fundamentals of working in a coffee shop and restaurant environment.
- Assist with inventory of paper goods and products.
- Lead a connect group.
- Meet and build relationships with kids, parents, and volunteers.
- Write and prepare Biblical lesson plans.
- Teach young hearts about the truth of God.
- Host fun summer events.
- Lead a kid’s connect group.
What Will This Internship Look Like?
Full time, paid, high school graduates and older.
Interns work 40 hours a week, Sundays through Thursdays. Interns will apply for a specific ministry department.
Part time, unpaid, high school students and older.
Shadows have flexibility for family and summer vacation plans.
Part time, unpaid.
Disciples have the most flexibility for a job, friends and family, and summer rest. This is a great introductory step into the program.
If you have any questions not listed, please email us!Contact Us
- Gain leadership growth and experience.
- Work with-in the community.
- Partnership with the city.
- Basic workforce preparation.
- Grow in your relationship with the Lord.
- Develop Christian leadership skills.
- Work alongside Harborside staff in ministry.
- Love and lead people into encounters with the fullness of God.
Choose the ministry department that initially made you excited. If you need help, ask a parent or close friend which one they recommend for you.
Yes! We are closed every Friday and Saturday for rest and other work. Also, only paid Interns are full-time, so the Shadows and Disciples have much more flexibility. If you manage your time well, you will get plenty of rest and opportunity for other summer activities.
Full-time paid Interns have the most responsibility to be present. Interns are considered Harborside staff for summer, so this is to be treated as an eight-week job position. Sick days and vacation days will be alloted by the leadership team as needed.
Shadows and Disciples have more flexibility and allotment for time-off. If you already have many summer plans, these may be the positions best for you.
July 4th is a holiday for all.
Absolutely! All may apply. Minimum age is High School freshman.
There is no tuition cost for the internship program! Lunch is not provided.
Full-time Interns are paid $12 per hour for 40 hours, for 8 weeks. Shadows can apply to be paid through the Summer P.A.Y.S. Program
Unfortunately, no. Paid Interns are our most serious position and are full-time only. ALL IN!!
However, if you want to be involved part-time, you may apply as a Shadow or Disciple. These both offer more flexibility for other jobs or summer breaks.
- Time management
- Basic budgeting
- Event leadership
- Working within diversity
- Kingdom culture
- Hearing God’s voice
This internship is for anyone who wants to grow in Christian leadership. It is not limited to those pursuing church ministry as a career. All who are wanting to grow this summer are encouraged to apply.
Possibly! Mention the need in the application and we will work with you as best as possible.
A parent and participant meeting will be held on May 21 @12:00pm at Harborside Chapel. We ask for all accepted into the program to participate in this informational meeting, either in-person or via Zoom.
Pray first! Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you to His best decision for the summer. Ask Him to reveal his plan. Then, seek wise counsel, asking your parents and mentors for advice. Finally, chase peace. When you consider joining the internship program, does peace surround you? If you can say, “yes” to any of these promptings, you should at least apply. Should you be selected, there will be an opportunity for you to accept or decline the offer at a later date.
- March 15 – Applications Open
- May 28 – Applications Close
- June 1 – Internship Starts (Orientation)
- July 4 – Holiday
- July 25 – Rehearsal for Sunday @7:00pm
- July 30 – On Stage Sunday @7:00am-12:00pm
- July 30 – Commissioning Night and Reception
- July 31 – Internship Ends
- May 21- Parent and Participant Meeting @12:00pm (Chapel)
- July 30- Internship Commissioning Night and Reception @5pm