WOMEN Meets first and third Thursdays This is an ongoing care group that offers support to those who are healing from betrayal. Betrayal has many different....
Meets first and third Thursdays
This is an ongoing care group that offers support to those who are healing from betrayal. Betrayal has many different faces; it can be adultery either emotional or physical, alcohol addiction, drug addiction, abuse either physical or emotional. The group is open to anyone who has experienced betrayal and needs support. The women in this group come around one another to offer encouragement, love, understanding and a helping hand.
Each meeting starts with fellowship where a snack is provided, a short study from a lesson with an exercise from the lesson, time to share along with time for others to offer support.
Psalm 34:18—The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
- Hello Diana—I want you to know how much your class means to me. Thank you for committing to such sorrow over and over again. I know how that feels from my years of facilitating Grief Share. At some point during each group time, something profound is always experienced or enlightened. I only wish I had your class last year. You are a beautiful soul and I love your love for Christ. —D
- I just wanted to thank you Diana for last night’s class. The women were wonderful and could see Jesus doing a mighty work there. Today my goal is to focus on the acronym THINK, from class…reminding myself before I speak to ask what I am about to say; Truthful/Helpful/Insightful/ Necessary/ Kind. —Fran
- I really have been strengthened in my painful journey with spousal betrayal as a result of alcohol addiction by participating in the Broken and Beautiful group. It has helped so much to be a part of a network of Christian women walking through their issues with betrayal together and with God. I love that we provide support to each other as we focus on a number of topics and have time dedicated to learning as well as sharing our situations, our personal feelings and learnings, and our Christian walk. Diana is an excellent leader and has personally gone through a journey from which we learn a great deal through her experience, learnings, and wisdom. -LB
- This was not a group that I wanted to be a part of because it meant that I had been betrayed by my spouse. However, the reality was that in trying to survive the trauma of infidelity this group and Diana has been a lifeline. This group has provided a space for me to process what happened and receive unique support and feedback from others who “get it.” Being that I am a licensed therapist, it can sometimes be a challenge to be on the receiving end of being helped. But this group has been a safe place where I feel released from upholding all the expectations heaped onto me to be the insightful and inspiring therapist, or the unwavering faithful Christian, or a present, available, energetic mother, and just be embraced. I truly believe God led me to Diana and this group as a means of reassuring me of His promises that He will work all things together for the good and that He has not forsaken or abandoned me. In times when I have doubted if I will ever be okay again, the group provided a necessary encouragement that I can get through one more moment and it gave me the hope that I will eventually get to the other side of this someday. -Alisha
Leader: Diana Journy
Diana has a career as a Christian Marriage Coach. She is blessed to offer support and encouragement to women who have or are experienced any type of betrayal.
- location:Harborside Christian Church, 1st and 3rd Thursdays
- group length:1st and 3rd Thursdays, 6:45
- materials:Materials Provided